Proper care and maintenance of your area rugs is crucial to keeping your home or business looking its best, . Not only do dirty rugs affect the appearance of your space, but they can also harbor allergens and bacteria. That’s why it’s essential to invest in professional area rug cleaning.
But what does professional area rug cleaning cost? The answer can vary depending on the size and condition of your rugs and the cleaning method used. While it may be tempting to try DIY cleaning methods the cost of these options can be higher in the long run. DIY methods can be ineffective, leading to the need for multiple cleanings or even costly repairs. And non-professional services may use harsh chemicals or techniques that can damage your rugs.
Steam Cleaning or Very-Low Moisture?
Two popular options are steam cleaning and very-low moisture (VLM) cleaning. Steam cleaning, also known as hot water extraction, uses a high-pressure stream of hot water and a cleaning solution to deep clean the rug fibers. It can effectively remove dirt and stains, but it can also be more expensive and take longer for the rug to dry due to a large amount of water used. On the other hand, VLM cleaning uses minimal water and the power of natural enzymes, making it a more sustainable and cost-effective option. It also has a much quicker drying time, usually just a few hours. When deciding on the best cleaning method for your area rugs, it’s essential to consider cost, drying time, and environmental impact.
As mentioned, the VLM cleaning process is much quicker than traditional wet cleaning because it uses 70% less water, and the rug is able to dry much faster, usually within just a few hours. In addition to its quick drying time, VLM cleaning is also eco-friendly. Traditional wet cleaning methods can use a significant amount of water, which can be detrimental to the environment. With VLM cleaning, you can feel good about using a more sustainable cleaning method.
What is the Process for VLM Area Rug Cleaning?
So, how does the VLM area rug cleaning process work at Be Green Carpet Cleaning? Here’s a step-by-step breakdown:
- Power Rake: Very-Low Moisture area rug cleaning begins with a dry extraction. This starts with vigorous raking using a nylon pile brush to dislodge trapped particles base of rug fibers.
- Professional Vacuum: Once the rug fibers have been agitated, the dust and dirt are ready to be removed with a high-powered vacuum cleaner. Your technician will be meticulous as they remove this debris, leaving only fats and oils (protein) behind.
- Pretreatment: Applied directly to everyday household stains (such as food and drink) and soiled areas. In addition to being eco-friendly, this enzymatic solution is 100% safe for children and pets. For the consideration of other clients, most pet soiling or similar contamination will require DeoGerm to neutralize stubborn stains and odors. Before any work has begun, your technician will inform you if this is necessary.
- Very Low-Moisture (VLM) Cleanse: Our powerful dry foam cleaning solution is massaged into the rug fibers with a rotary machine. Our VLM method relies on natural encapsulation chemicals that surround and capture dirt instead of “wet” cleaning, which uses detergents to loosen the dirt. With 70% less water and waste, carpets and rugs are less prone to mold and mildew. Thus, suctioning water out of the area rug is unnecessary. Our VLM cleaning process dries within 2 – 4 hours without using harsh chemicals or leaving any sticky residue.
- Final Grooming: During this last step, your technician will reset the rug’s nap or pile back to its original height, making it look and feel amazingly clean. As the area rug dries, the all-natural enzyme evaporates, leaving microscopic amounts of protein encapsulated by the natural polymers in the cleansing foam. You can easily remove these invisible particles with your regular vacuuming schedule once they are encapsulated. This results in a clean, safe, and fresh-smelling area rug without any sticky residue.
Final Take Away:
As you can see, the Be Green area ru cleaning process is thorough yet gentle. And with its quick drying time and eco-friendliness, it’s the perfect choice for anyone looking to keep their area rugs looking their best.
If you’re interested in learning more about our VLM rug cleaning services, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team will answer any questions and help you schedule a cleaning appointment. We look forward to working with you to keep your area rugs looking their best!
You can request an in-person estimate for Area Rugs by scheduling your appointment online right now.