Extend The Life of Your Carpets and Furniture
Save Money By Extending the Life of Your Carpet
The average cost of replacing and installing new carpet is over $6.00 per square foot! At this price, a small room could cost close to $1000.00! By keeping your carpets (and furniture) clean and well-maintained, you’ll be able to extend the life of your carpet.
Keeping your carpet and furniture looking their best is more than just a service to us at Be Green. These tips will help maintain your carpet and upholstery between regular professional Be Green Services carpet cleanings. By using these tips along with annual professional cleanings, you can help increase the longevity of your carpets and the health of your home.
Spots and Spills
- Food, grease & oil
- Mix ½ cup water with 1 heaping tablespoon cornstarch
- Mix until it is a milky thin consistency
- Apply to the spot and scrub in gently
- Allow to dry
- Brush loose
- Coffee, tea, soda, or anything which contains a dye
- Sponge the spill/spot immediately (absorb with terry cloth)
- Soak with club soda or a mixture of part white vinegar an part water
- Lightly scrub the spot, applying more moisture from either solution until gone
- Keeping the spill moist until the spot is gone. This will keep the dye in the spill from setting into the carpet fibers.
- Pet Stains
- Spray on a solution of part white vinegar and part water. The vinegar will attract the acid from the pet stain preventing browning or yellowing of the carpet fiber.
- Purchase and apply AIP. Call and ask us about it1-855-578-6344
Carpet & Upholstery Care Maintenance Tips:
- We recommend always raking your carpet before vacuuming. Dirt has a sandpaper effect on your carpet. Raking your carpet first, loosens the dirt, allowing your vacuum to work more efficiently. Call us to purchase a rake directly from us!1-855-578-6344
- To remove a dimple left by furniture on your carpet, place an ice cube in the dimple before bed. The dimple will be removed overnight.
- Once a month, brush the surface of your furniture to remove trapped dust, dirt, and silt. Use a natural fiber brush to insure delicacy.
These are excellent ways to help keep your home environment thriving and healthy! After all a healthy home results in a healthier YOU!
Check out our blog regularly for more helpful tips and information on how to create a healthier and thriving home environment.